Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Being Happy

For most people, being happy comes naturally ... but being happy for myself has been an alien term for me as long as I can remember. People who are close to me especially my bestie would agree to this as she has for the longest time possible tried to drill it into my head that it is okay to be happy.

Don't get me wrong, I do love being happy in life, but more often than not my happiness didn't really settle well with a lot of people considering that it wasn't what they considered my happiness to be (if that makes any sense) and because I did not want to get into any kind of argument , more often than not I'd agree with them just to keep the peace.

That is all until recently (if you'd notice a lot of things happened recently - tehee) I have turned over a new leaf in which I DETERMINE WHAT I WANT TO DO IN LIFE AND I DETERMINE MY HAPPINESS that my friends is my mantra for 2014 - it isn't easy - there are times when it is much easier to give in to someone and avoid the whole conflict - but then a voice in me speaks " you have bent backwards for a lot of people in life, never expecting anything in return - at the end of the day what has all of this given you?" the answer plain and simple comes back as NOTHING.

Being happy is your basic right as a human being - if you make yourself happy in life only then can you help those around you... it took me a very very long time to grasp that idea but I'm trying and hopefully I will get around to making it a lifestyle - for now its a conscious ongoing effort to remain selfish if and when possible.

To the readers of this blog - do not push away happiness simply because someone else has a different idea of what happiness is meant to be - do what makes you happy - it is your life and therefore you are the master of your own destiny and the only person who has a control over you is the Almighty and your parents - but as long as you are aware of your decisions nothing else matters.

On that note - sleep well folks :)  

No comments:

Post a Comment