Thursday, January 16, 2014

Feeling good from within ...

Somewhere around last year in May/June I decided to take the plunge and join a group of like minded individuals of the new generation in their dream of forming the first New Generation Rotary Club in Malaysia. The members in the club are aged between 21-40, who love the idea of being able to good for society yet, not want to be categorized like the traditional Rotary Club. 

We meet twice a week, and discuss the numerous projects that we can do to our bid towards giving back to community and so far we have achieved quite a bit. While most people may feel that "ohhhh you dont need to be part of an organization to do good" I beg to defer, when a group of like minded individuals sit and focus on wanting to do something, the magnitude of what we are trying to do is on a larger scale - remember united we stand divided we fall. If it were up to me alone, somewhere along the line I may stop doing it; but because we are in this together as a group we are constantly motivating the other to continue with our efforts to contribute something back to society.

The feeling of giving back to society makes me feel good from within, although I do not do it on a larger scale , what little I do with their help multiplies hence making it a positive atmosphere to be in. There is good vibe and chi - allowing me to feel happy from within. Its like paying forward - something that I believe in. 

I am glad I had decided to take on that decision of joining the club because apart from doing good - I am also presented with the opportunity to go out and have fun with the members when we have our fellowships and recreational activities. 



2 comments:

  1. I agree that when we pledge to do it on our own, there's a big possibility we will not be consistent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Completely - I have tried many-a-times do it on my own but somewhere along the line - i tend to give up. Hence this was the best way I could think of :)

    ReplyDelete