Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Down Memory Lane : Fragments of my Childhood

What happens when one associates a certain song to a certain memory - its sorta like a magic link if you get what I mean. So anyway, I was browsing through YouTube and I found this video that dated back to 1988/89 during my uncle's wedding (maternal side).

 It was the only one I was old enough to remember (the others got married before I even understood the term) - so anyway coming back to this song - almost instantly I was transported back to the Sangeet Night where my parents including my extended family members (imagine the entire entourage) dancing to this tune ... and a little 7/8 year old me dancing in the middle of them - in my own very creative and imaginative way ( i have improved on the dancing skills since thn- heh! ).

I guess the point I am trying to make is - cherish those wonderful moments because somewhere along the line as we grow up we forget those moments , we forget the bond that we shared with each one of them. I sometimes wish I could turn back that time and go back to those years when everything was simple - there was no confusions or complications in life. I want to revisit those moments again where the one stare of my late grandfather Mr K S Gill would get all of us kids to shush our selves up. Where family weddings were intimate - receptions were held at home and everyone pitched it in to cook up a simple yet scrumptious feast.

I've always believed that life is a treasure box, as we go along we collect those very important treasures and store them, and every once in awhile we open that box and relive that memories all over again. I have many such moments that I have stored in my box.

My uncles wedding, my not very fantastic board examination results, my first crush , my first friends in school, the day I graduated and the list goes on..

For all those readers who view my blog, it isnt too late to start if you already haven't ... create that treasure box and cherish every moment of life; and if you like you could share it with me here in the comment section. I'd love to hear from you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment