Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dear V ....

In a blink of an eye I realized just this very moment it has been two months since you have passed on; there has never been a day since then where thoughts of you do not creep in- you were/are after all a dear friend both on a personal and professional level.

Who would have thought that meeting someone like you would have taught me many life-lessons, you held no grudges , knew no anger, and you were a man of very few words.

It amazes me sometimes, just how much you actually did mean to me on so many levels - you were my first point of contact whenever I would join/leave a company - simply because I needed you to get me free media coverage, and then later on the cheapest ad rates possible with the max number of insertions stretched out for as long as possible. I made your life miserable didn't I ? Lets just say that was payback :-P

There were times, when I sensed your loneliness especially when you spoke about how you could not have a discussion with her; on how not being able to have a general conversation on topics like politics and sports bugged you; There were many-a-times when I wanted to reach out to you - especially when you said " you have no idea what I am going through - and I cant even share it with you" but alas I couldn't because it wasn't my place and you made that decision years ago. I never liked seeing you drink your life away - in fact I had never known you to drink as much. You termed it as socializing with clients - I called it running away from your reality.

Do you remember the last time we spoke over the phone V? It was sometime around March/April of last year, and I believe it was in the wee hours of the morning - you spoke  briefly of your health issues where I believe I gave you an earful on how you should take care of your health. That morning you also apologized repeatedly - you felt you had ruined both our lives - If you must know V, I never held any grudges against you ... initially when it had all happened, YES I was bitter, but I never held a grudge against you.  Sometimes in life things happen for a reason unknown to us and we accept that reality and move on.

I most definitely am going to miss wishing you on your Birthdays, more so this year especially since you would have FINALLY turned 40! For years now I've been wishing you a happy 40th birthday, not knowing (well obviously) that you wouldn't be around for it when you finally approached it.

V, if your passing has taught me anything, it is that I should never hold back what I feel and that I should live every moment of my life the way you did. You worked hard and played harder , achieving everything you could.

World Cup will not be the same without you - the banters between us on the games and who would finally emerge as the winner will not be the same , (although believe you me Germany will take the cup this time ! :P)

More then a decade as friends on a personal and professional level was too short a duration V, you left way too soon. You will always be missed - but somewhere in my heart I know although you are physically gone - whenever I need to speak to you , you will be there. I  have shared my thoughts with you recently; its just that now, I don't get a reply ...

Thank you for the memories V ... I'll cherish every one of them - you taught me how to celebrate life - and celebrate life I will...

*** ME***





No comments:

Post a Comment