Sunday, January 12, 2014

Coliseum Cafe & Grill Room Jaya 33

 As you step into the restaurant you are instantly transported back to the Colonial times in Malaya. The whiff of the charred meat and the ambiance ignites every sense in you ... this is what I feel every time I step into Coliseum Cafe & Grill Room at Jaya 33.

My parents and other family members who were part of that era (colonial times) remember their visits to the first Coliseum outlet in Batu Road (Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman) so that really gives you an idea of how good the food is :P

The best buddy and I went there sometime last year just by chance - we were scouting around for a good restaurant after realizing that Old Town at ThreeTwo Square was under renovation - and since we weren't really in the mood to drive out of PJ we settled for Coliseum Cafe.

The place really does transport one back to the golden era, the decor is minimal but very rustic - photographs of the original Coliseum Cafe are displayed proudly on their white wall of fame; very rightly so as the Cafe survived TWO WORLD WARS back then there was even a dress code!

Fast forward  92 years later, this outlet serves as a casual family dining -  a place where I'd like to get my entire family including the extended ones to just let them bask in the glory of their younger days.

I simply love their Sizzling Chicken in Brown Sauce - it comes with a bowl of Salad , decent servings of Potato Wedges, and broccoli with cauliflower in White Sauce. Ever since I've tried this ; I have to say I've never even attempted to try the other dishes on the Menu because I simply cant get enough of this :-D I am not a fan of Tomatoes so that poor lil guy always gets ignored - Tehee.

















Since that first visit with the best buddy - I've taken my folks there for their anniversary and lo and behold there were in colonial hainanese heaven :)

I recently took the bestie Just Me The Mrs for her pre-birthday lunchie - and considering the fact that we are both on a very very strict weight loss regime Here and Here  we were done with just a few bites of the Salad - but we had promised each other we'd finish up our meal - hence making it this first proper meal I've had since 2014 (the after effects of the meal is a story for another day)

The pricing is pretty reasonable and average meal for 2 pax comes up to RM 75++ which I think is okay if you do it only on special occasions considering with the current price hike on ALMOST  everything .

If you're heading there anytime soon - drop me a message if you're paying I'll be there for the above meal :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment